“The eye sees a things more clearly in dreams than the imagination awake”.
“The most wonderful thing you can do is give the gift of sight. Talk with your family about becoming an organ donor”.
Who can Donate Eyes?
- Except chronic infections
Persons with AIDS, Hepatitis B and C, Rabies, Septicemia, Acute leukemia Blood Cancer, Tetanus, Cholera and
infectious diseases like Meningitis and Encephalitis cannot donate eyes.
How can I become a donor?
The most important action you can take to ensure you will be a donor is to tell your family and legal
- Families may give consent for donation.
Facts about the eye donation
- Eyes can be donated only after death
- Eyes must be removed within 6 hours after death
- Eye removal procedure takes 20-30 minutes only.
- A small quantity of blood will be drawn to rule out communicable diseases.
- Eye retrieval does not cause disfigurement
- The identities of both the donor and the recipient are kept confidential
Pledge Your Eyes
You can also pledge your eyes by filling up the Pledge Form which is in pdf format Please Download the Form