30,000 + beneficiaries received help and support from IDL FOUNDATION so far. We
have a plan to reach out to 1,00,000 special people in next five years. Please join
hands with us. Also we have distributed more than 75,000+ eye pledge forms in
association with Bangalore City Traffic Police.
- Job4u Fair, exclusively for all special people with physical disabilities
- Bangalore Hundi, an annual fund raising event for Bangalore based NGOs
- Tsunami Victim Relief Work: Resource and awareness in Bangalore
- North Karnataka Flood Victims: Fund raising by blind people
HEALTH & COMMUNITY CONCERN
- Heart checkup camp, for Journalists
- Involved in Tsunami Victim Relief Activities and Helped 450 families
- Biggest Blood donation Camp with Sri. R. ASHOK
- Health & Eye Check up camp for slum dweller in Srirampuram
- Tree Planting and Environmental projects
- Fund Raising event for North Karnataka Flood victims with Master Kishan.
- Organized Blind Couple Meet along with HIV & Aids Awareness campaign
- HEART & DIABETIC Auyurvedic Check up and treatment for blind
- EYE DONATION CERTIFICATION: with N. Santhosh Hegdeji
- Special Women’s day & Gynecology check up for blind women
FUN & ENTERTAINMENT
- Celebration with Celebrities, First Anniversary with Bombay Vikings performing and special performance by ROBERTO NARAYAN.
- Screening of the movie BLACK to the DISABLED people with Justice Venkatachala with CHIPPY GANGJEE & Cap. V.V.K. MANI
- Celebrated the birthday of Hon’ble President of India with Blind People with Dr. H.T. SANGLIANA, Member of Parliament.
- Brought out Xmas carol in Braille & performed for Christmas programme
- Screening of Kannada Movie My Autograph with Actor SUDEEP.
- Musical Workshop for BLIND on occasion of HELEN KELLER DAY with Chief Guest Sri. Y.M.N. MURTHY & Master KISHAN,
- Rolled out IDL BLIND BAND (Ability in Disability), Blind Musical Troupe and performed for Indian Cricket Team, Army Jawans a/w Johny Lever, Inmates of different Prisons and entertained various corporates.
- Rendered 200th death day musical Tribute to Dr. RAJ KUMAR, Smt. Parvathamma Rajkumar, Raghavendra Rajkumar and Hamsalekha present
- Performed for Dr. Raj Kumars death & birth ceremonies on his SAMADHI with Kannada Film actors Dr. VISHNUVARDAN & AMBARISH
- NAYAKA GAYAKA- A Musical Tribute to Dr. Rajkumar
- 75th SHOW OF IDL BLIND BAND With Sudha Murthy,
- MUSICAL TRIBUTE & Display of Dr. RAJ KUMAR’s LAST LETTER. At Palace Grounds a/w Leading playback Singers
- MUSICAL WORKSHOP: Organized and demonstrated KEY BOARD, GUITAR, DRUMS, FLUTE, VIOLION, with leading artists and thought in one day work shop along with breakfast, lunch and high tea.
- Released audio CD’s of IDL BLIND BAND
- Dr. Rajkumar last letter released by his 3 children
- Teaching classes of music to visually challenged
- Brought out musical books in Braille
- Music on wheels with Traffic Police crusading fortnight eye donation
AIDS & APPLIANCES
- Launched 1001 white cane concept for blinds across Karnataka with Film Actor RAGHAVENDRA RAJKUMAR, Master MANJUNATH and Ace Swimmer NISHA MILLET.
- White Cane Day & Former President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam birthday celebrated with Dr. H.T. SANGLIANA.
- Organised STATE LEVEL MEET FOR VISUALLY CHALLENGED, His Excellency Governor of Karnataka Sri. T.N. CHATURVEDI was Chief Guest, Her Worshipful Smt. MUMTAZ BEGUM was Guest of Honour, Presided over by Sri. K. DINESH, Infosys Co-Founder and felicitated Pandit. Dr. PUTTARAJ GAVAI, 92 years Born Blind, Musical Wizard with IDL’s LIVING LEGEND award.
- Distributed 300 Braille Watches to Blind with noted Kannada Music Director GURU KIRAN & other Film Actors
- Distributed Sun Glasses to VISUALLY CHALLENGED, Chief Guest Sri. N.R. NARAYA MURTHY, Chief Mentor, Infosys and Smt. SUDHA MURTHY along with Mr. DINESH & Smt. ASHA DINESH.
- Distributed 1001 shaws to blind people with former Lokayukta Sri. N. VENKACHALA as Chief Guest
- Distributed 1300 spectacles, FM radios and folding White canes
- Distributed 500 Braille Calendar in 2008, 2009 and 2010
- Distributed 5000 whistle – Project ‘WHITE CANE WITH WHISTELE” in association with Bangalore City Police
- WHITE CANE DAY CELEBRATION: Distributed white canes with Film Actress Pooja Gandhi & DG IGP Dr. Jeeja Harisingh in Forum Mall
- Braille Calendar Release with former DG & IGP Dr. ST Ramesh.
- TALKING WATCH Distribution on the occasion of 7th Annivarsary along with former DG & IGP Dr. Ajay Kumar Singh & Cricketers Sreeshanth.
- NEST, Hostel for talented disabled people, nurturing their talents in arts, music and sports etc.,
- Distribution of 3001, 8 Band Radios including 2 TV Channels for 3001 blind across South Indian four states viz., Karnataka, Kerala, Andhra & Chennai.
- Publishing IDL INFO DIRECTORY
- ANGELS HAND; Creating a barrierfree environment by putting up railings and ramps for public utility buildings.
- SPECIAL JAM; Celebrating Friendship, an interaction between abled, differently abled and celebrities – A regular monthly meeting.
- BRAILLE COMPUTER TRAINING: Empowering visually challenged
- ENGLISH SPEAKING COURSE: Teaching speaking skills and accent
- BRAILLE LIBRARY: One stop shop for resource centre for blind
- MID DAY MEAL: Feeding Hungry student community
- COFFEE HOUSE with rest rooms exclusively for visually challenged
- EYE DONATION TEAM & GRIEF COUNSELLORS:
- Hours ambulance with trained blind counselors, for eye donation and cornea extraction