IDL FOUNDATION is a non profit, registered charitable trust with a motto enabling service to humanity. IDL has been working for the holistic development of persons with physical disabilities, with an emphasis on visually challenged people by creating equal opportunity and integrating this differently abled people into mainstream society by empowering them to live a normal life with the use of technology and scientific devises/aids & appliances.
IDL established in 2003, inaugurated by great cricket legends Mr. Saurav Ganguly, Sachin Tendulkar and other team mates along with Bangalore City Police Commissioner, Minister of Women & Child Welfare-Karnataka, Film Actors and noted celebrities.
IDL started ability in disability Blind Band, music troupe by visually challenged in the presence of Indian Cricketers M.S.Dhoni, Virendra Shewag, Yuvaraj, Dravid and others in 2006. Bringing social transformation and raising funds for charity through music.
IDL has a two floor building with all facilities suitable for special people. In 2008 hostel was inaugurated by Cricketers HARBAJAN, RABIN UTTAPPA and SHREESHANTH, along with then DG & IGP SRIKUMAR & S.T.RAMESH and Government Officials.
IDL highlights & service till date
- Helped over 47,000 blind people in Karnataka
- Recipient of 2006 Karnataka State Award
- Rampant promotion of Eye Pledge Forms-over 99,000+
- Hostel facility for visually challenged, free of cost.
- Blind Band, Musical troupe by Visually Challenged Artists.
IDL activities includes
English Speaking Course / Computer Training / Mid Day Meal / Braille Resource Library / Studio for Blind Band / Special Job Fair / Information Call Centre / Aids & Appliances / Birthday Santa / Special Coffee Shop / Rest Rooms / On going & Need based projects
- To help one lakh special people at the earliest
- Instill hope and faith with counseling to chanalize talents
- Recognize achievers to become role models
- Crusade to create special job opportunities
- Promote CSR/MSR initiatives in education & healthcare.